Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Attaching Standards to CPS Questions to Track Grammar Progress


During our professional development today, Tony Bollino showed us how to make our own standards in CPS to track our students progress on our own terms. I immediately thought of our weekly grammar practice, since it is hard to really gauge how much of the grammar the students are grasping. Specifically, it's obvious that some aspects of grammar are more difficult than others.


    I created a quiz question with the entire sentence of the week (in this case, "the evil doctor does experiments on his patients he doesn't want anyone to find out"). Each question referred to one word in the sentence, which the students had to identify. By attaching a standard to each question, I can track the students' progress in every part of speech individually. Thanks, Tony! This was great!

Creating the Standards


Quizzing Students

The Results!

By generating a report based on the standard, I can view the students' results based on each specific part of speech. This allows me to see where my students are doing well, and where I need to do some re-teaching later. Overall, this was a really great new aspect of CPS that will make these assignments much more meaningful!



Cps Data

No comments:

Post a Comment